Studio Oink for BastisRIKE


As you well know, I particularly appreciate the work of German Studio Oink ( see previous post here) and this time I like it even more. Their latest work is the styling for a new series of products designed by Henrike Schoen of BastisRIKE among which the beautiful black and white graphic blanket stands out amazingly.

BastisRIKE is a Siegburg-based studio dedicated to the creation of stamps, paper products, textiles and other interior products. Handmade philosophy and sustainability is the core of its designs as mirrored in the attention to details and the choice of environmental friendly materials.


To me, the blanket is outstanding. The pattern derives from a postcard Henrike Schoen designed earlier that is called NETZ, meaning network in German. I believe the pattern works even better in such a scale, reminding me of some modern, quirk transposition of the Beni Ourain rugs we see so much lately.
 

I cannot but agree with Wendy of Beeldsteil - where I spotted the blanket yesterday - and say this has definitely entered my winter wishlist.

All images via Studio Oink, with thanks.

1 comment: