Mikko Ryhänen & Artek

Helsinki based photographer Mikko Ryhänen has worked for many famous Finnish brands, such as Iittala and Artek. The pictures I show here are actually taken from the furniture company collection for FW 2011 and 2012. I find the general atmosphere extremely tranquil, "carefree" as the very company described in its facebook page. The huge mirror in the living room is a great element but my most favourite is without a doubt the small shelf at the entrance: it looks like a family treasure passed from a generation to another, doesn't it?
I've always appreciated Artek products: the very first time I saw them was in "Scandinavian Modern", a great gift I received for my 18th birthday. I think I could say they were those who initiated me to my great addiction to Nordic design.

Mikko is also husband to talented Finnish stylist Joanna Laajisto, whose work was published in the blog before, here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment