Moodboard: copper is on fashion

 
 


Our flat is part of a 1920s building in the Vila de Gracia, Barcelona. Because of all our travelling, we had to arrange the viewing separately: it was weird to enter what could be our future home without my husband. But, as soon as we both took the first step in, we knew that was THE PLACE. It had the characteristic old mosaic tiles (called suelo hidráulico in Spanish), white walls and doors, and very high ceilings. I loved it immediately. The windows were large, letting lot of light to come through and they opened on a good-sized balcony where I could see all my plants growing luxuriously. Another detail I loved was that the copper pipes were still visible: buildings had no heating at the beginning of last century, so they had to add the installation later on. 

I like the warm reflections of copper because they remind me of my parent's home back to Italy and all my mum's stories about her grandma's one, with lots of copper pots hanging from the ceiling. Moreover, it seems that this year Interior trend  IS copper: everybody is in love with this material, as you can see from the moodboard, from Danish Hay to Tom Dixon.
I'd like to add something more made out of this material, as an accent to the room but I'm looking for something a wee bit more contemporary: something with copper and concrete will do it. If it's DIY will be perfect. I just need to find the perfect thing now!

All images via my Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment