Anna Pirkola's home


Today, I welcome you to Anna Pirkola's home in Helsinki, Finland, where she lives with her partner Joel and their two daughters, Seela 3,5 years and little Meeri 8 months-old.
Anna, who works as a concept designer and stylist for Duotone studio, is also a blogger at Dadaa where she collects images about her lovely home and family: her wall of pictures caught my immediate attention, as you may probably remember from this post here, along with the series of square boxes Joel and Anna use to store their collection of LPs.


Though Anna feels they have still lot to do as they moved in only a few months ago, I love the atmosphere of their place and the mix of design objects and DIYs that, in my mind, is to typical of some Finnish homes. Anna says "I love simple and pure design and real materials.  But at the same time I do think that we need humour as well, things can´t be too serious. That´s why I don´t want our home to look just perfect. Some everyday pieces which are designed functional meaning ahead can be really beautiful but I do love some design pieces as well". Artek and String are some of the great classics that you can find in this home. Muuto seems to be another of Anna's favourites: I find the Visu chair in green fits perfectly the place and what can I say of the creative way of using the Dots as their wardrobe handles? Just love it. 

The Finnish designer confesses the kitchen they have just renovated is right now her favourite place in the house and I cannot agree more: I am very into this mix of neutral white and raw plywood, a perfect solution that gets together a great interior trend and a tight budget.


I love this picture of the big armchair sitting next to the Hay coffee table,  don't you? You can feel this is a simple modern home but cozy and welcoming.
One of my favourite corner in Anna's room is the one you can see here: the series of images shows how the space has been transformed through time and we can see also one of Anna's designs, the long wooden hook Tappi available here.



 I hope you have enjoyed the little tour: you can see more of Anna's home in her blog Dadaa and get inspired by this talented Finnish stylist.



All images courtesy of Anna Pirkola.

3 comments: